IGNOU BEGC-108 SOLVED ASSIGNMENT JANUARY 2022
IGNOU BEGC-108 SOLVED ASSIGNMENT JANUARY 2022 ENGLISH MEDIUM
|TITLE NAME||BEGC-108 Solved Assignment 2022 ENGLISH MEDIUM|
|SERVICE TYPE||Solved Assignment (Soft Copy/PDF)|
|COURSE||Bachelor’s Honours Degree Programme (English) (BAEGH )|
|PRODUCT||ASSIGNMENT OF BEGC-108 2022 (IGNOU)|
|SUBMISSION DATE||For June Examination: 30th April
For December Examination: 31st October
British Literature: 18th Century
January, 2022 Session
Answer all questions.
1. Write short notes in about 200 words each/ answer with reference to the context:
(i) Whigs and the Tories
(ii) A Tale of A Tub
(iii) The Neo- Classical Age
(iv) The Graveyard School of Poetry
Answer the following in about 300 words each:
1. Examine the theme of paternal disobedience plays in the plot of Robinson Crusoe?
2. What do you understand by the Restoration Period? Highlight some of the characteristics of
3. What purpose do the epigraph and the prologue serve in the play The Way of the World?
4. What was the changed nature of poetry in the mid-18th century? Discuss why this age seems
to be a ‘transitional period’?
Answer the following questions in about 400 words each:
1. Comment on the rise of the genre of the novel with respect to Defoe’s Robinson Crusoe.
2. What do you understand by the term Enlightenment? Does swift question the Enlightenment
3. Examine the politico – historical circumstances of 17th and 18th Century England critically.
4. How is The Way of the World a quintessential comedy of manners?
5. Write a detailed note on Gray’s ‘pastoral’ representations of the city versus the country.