IGNOU BEGC-107 SOLVED ASSIGNMENT JANUARY 2022 ENGLISH MEDIUM
|TITLE NAME||BEGC-107 Solved Assignment 2022 ENGLISH MEDIUM|
|SERVICE TYPE||Solved Assignment (Soft Copy/PDF)|
|COURSE||Bachelor’s Honours Degree Programme (English) (BAEGH )|
|PRODUCT||ASSIGNMENT OF BEGC-107 2022 (IGNOU)|
|SUBMISSION DATE||For the December TEE: 31st October
For the June TEE: 30th April
British Poetry & Drama: 17th and 18th Centuries
Assignment January 2022 Session
Answer all questions.
1. Answer with reference to the context:
(i) “Duchess I have got well by you; you have yielded me
A million of loss: I am like to inherit
The people’s curses for your stewardship.
You had the trick in audit-time to be sick,”
(ii) “Yet once more, O ye Laurels, and once more
Ye Myrtles brown, with Ivy never-sear,
I com to pluck your Berries harsh and crude,
And with forc’d fingers rude,
Shatter your leaves before the mellowing year”.
(iii) “This aged Prince now flourishing in Peace,
And blest with issue of a large increase,
(iv) “One speaks the glory of the British queen,
And one describes a charming Indian screen;
A third interprets motions, looks, and eyes;
At every word a reputation dies”.
Answer the following in about 300 words each:
1. What is the role of Bosola in The Duchess of Malfi?
2. Write a note on the socio cultural environment of 17th Century England.
3. Satire as used in Mac Flecknoe
4. Delineate the difference between Classicism and Romanticism.
Answer any three of the following questions in about 600 words each:
1. What is John Webster’s concept of tragedy and his contribution to the tradition of ‘revenge
2. Examine the biblical references in ‘Sonnet XIX’.
3. ‘The Rape of the Lock’ is an excellent example of 18th century neo-classical poetry. Do you
agree? Give reasons for your answer.
4. Discuss Mac Flecknoe as a mock epic with appropriate references.