IGNOU BEGC-102 SOLVED ASSIGNMENT JANUARY 2022
IGNOU BEGC-102 SOLVED ASSIGNMENT JANUARY 2022 ENGLISH MEDIUM
|TITLE NAME||BEGC-102 Solved Assignment 2022 ENGLISH MEDIUM|
|SERVICE TYPE||Solved Assignment (Soft Copy/PDF)|
|COURSE||Bachelor’s Honours Degree Programme (English) (BAEGH )|
|SESSION||For January 2022 Session|
|PRODUCT||ASSIGNMENT OF BEGC-102 2022 (IGNOU)|
|SUBMISSION DATE||For June Examination: 30th April
For December Examination: 31st October
European Classical Literature
Assignment January 2022 Sessions
Answer all questions.
1. Write short notes in about 200 words each:
(ii) Fescennine Verse
2. Reference to the Context in about 200 words each:
(i) “… as he yelled out, ‘Look at me mother!’Agave stared at him, uttered a wild
shriek, violently shaking her neck and tossing her hair; then twisted his head right
off. Displaying it high in her blood- drenched fingers, she shouted, ‘Joy, my
companions! Victory is ours!’
(ii) “…what’s more, it is the proper thing – if you say, You, … forced the blameless girl
when you had drunk too much”.
Answer the following in about 300 words each:
1. Examine Achilles as a warrior hero.
2. Analyse the unity of time in Oedipus Rex?
3. What are the implications of the marriage proposal in Pot of Gold?
4. Discuss the relationship between Horace and his father as described in Satire 1:4.
Answer the following questions in about 650 words each:
1. Who do you think is the real hero of the Iliad?
2. Would you agree that ‘Oedipus Rex is the story of a noble man in pursuit of the truth that
ultimately destroys him’?
3. In what way does Pot of Gold provide a view of ancient Roman society? Discuss.
4. Discuss the myth of Bacchus. Why do you think there was a clash in worshipping him?